Happy Mother's Day

18:33 Karen 5 Comments


And what a lovely one it has been. I had my favorite breakfast of Kingsmill Seeds and Oats bread, toasted with butter and Marmite. Yes I am a Marmite girl, it is one of the few strong tastes I like, perhaps because it is so salty and although I don't put salt in my cooking I do put it on my meals once I have dished them up!

The rest of the day was spent doing some office work for David and taking some photos in readiness for a little digi page I have planned and will maybe get done tonight whilst watching tv with the family.

I finished my Mother's Day bouquet of flowers card for David's mum. I count myself lucky with the mil I have, a lot of how she is has made David the man he is and I am very grateful to her. The printed elements on this card are Cute Circles, Ornate Frames and Autumn Apples Polka Dot Papers - all by Shimelle Laine and from 2 Peas in a Bucket.


Also I photographed the second page for my Celebrate Life album and the prompt was to us scraps of paper. I made a 5 x 5 grid, used a square decided on the size of my photos, printed them out and stuck them to the page and then used a punch to make squares to fill in the remainder of the space. Finally I used a flower punch and scraps of paper to decorate the squares and then put a brad into the center of each one - two prompts in one (using metal and scraps of paper).


Reasons to be cheerful:-


1. I have had a lovely relaxing day.

2. Although I had the Something From Almost Nothing class for Mother's Day, Gracia says that there is something else for me but it is winging its way from Play.com as we speak - oooooh more surprises :)

3. Scrapping in front of the tv without making any mess can only mean digi scrapping and I do love digi scrapping, not as much as paper scrapping but it is fast becoming a close second
.

Photobucket

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love this page...the grid system works so well....and the flowers are great.

Deb said...

What a beautiful card!!! So nice to hear of someone who actually likes their MIL! I had a good one too, but sadly she is no longer with us.

And I love the grid style of your layout! I haven't used that style in a while but you have inspired me once again!

Have a great day! xo

Clair said...

Hi Karen. Just stopping by to say thank you for your lovely comments on my layouts and cards the other day. (I'm trying to catch up!)

I love your regular 'Things' at the end of each post. What a fantastic idea. I may have to start writing down some of mine in a little journal.

Thanks for the inspiration x

Bubbles said...

Lovely card, and really beautiful LO... I like that it's uniform but kinda not too...Yeah, I know that sounds confused (I am! LOL). I would have put all the same size squares together... your way is so much more interesting:)

Elizabeth said...

I do like the combining of squares (which I've done on their own)and flowers which I've also done on their own. Double using up of paper. Very copiable.