Splendid Treasures

15:44 Karen 2 Comments


Oh how I love to get up early on a Sunday and to do my own thing, be it read, have a bath or as I did today scrap. I made a digi page for a blog hop I am taking part in on Tuesday - most of the Baker's Dozen are involved in a blog hop using Shimelle's new kits that are coming out on Tuesday. I made a page last week using them and then this morning made my most favoritetist (is that a word?) digi lo ever but I can show it until Tuesday. Not long to wait though.

I then spent a couple of hours doing some work for David and scrapped some more this afternoon but it was real scrapping this time for the Something From Almost Nothing class. The prompt was to " go to your supplies and pick out an item or two that you just *know* you need to use. Maybe something that has been in your stash since you first started scrapping, maybe something that cost a little more and yet is still sitting there unloved or maybe something you keep meaning to use but it never quite makes it to the final page. Your choice! When you have chosen your item, snap a picture of it."


Well, yesterday I photographed my black Splendid Treasures and Fabulous Brads, I swear the camera was shaking as I took the photo from the stress of my intention of using these little beauties. I very nearly put them back into the safety of their drawer and got something else out. I summoned up the courage this afternoon and used them! This page is to celebrate being me. I am not the most conventional of wives, mothers or friends and am very quirky at times but I try to embrace who I am and celebrate it. As long as I like who I am and my family and friends like who I am then these are the only opinions that matter to me.



Looking at my dining room table I so wish I could paper scrap with as little mess as I can digi scrap. I can't believe how many bits and pieces I have gotten out to make such a simple page!

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. I found a good work/play balance today.

2. I am looking forward to going to church this evening - for a change we are all going.

3. This weekend has been fabulous with lots achieved in many areas, including a clean and tidy house!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Heather said...

lovely layout!

Bubbles said...

What a fantastic LO! Great piccie - really shows how unconventional and quirky you are - and how that is to be celebrated.