Up with the lark!

08:20 Karen 1 Comments


I know I will be sorry that I did it later on today but I stayed up until 1am to finish these two projects. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't do late nights, I am a lark - early to bed and early to rise. Unfortunately, the early to rise part still kicked in and I got up at 5:30. I can see me being sent to bed this afternoon because I will be tired and grumpy.

I started this page several weeks ago and every time I have tried to finish it (2 crops and an afternoon scrapping with a friend) I have left a vital component at home. On the first occasion I left the photograph at home. On the second attempt I had left the printed elements at home and yesterday I had forgotten my inks (which were sulking on the dining room table when I got home because they had been left behind and didn't make the trip to Karen's scrap palace - I promised them I would take then on my next visit).


This is yet another paper version of a digi page but with a different photo and journaling. I so love this kit and can see myself using it again and again. It is A Boy's Heart by Julie Itis from Plain Digital Wrapper.


Can you see the stamping along the bottom? I can't believe that I stamped onto a finished lo - I had to take several deep breaths first and then go for it and I am pleased that I did.


The second page is for the 4th prompt on the Something From Almost Nothing class that I am participating in at the moment. The prompt was to use up cardstock. I made this page entirely from bits from my card scraps box.


Don't you just love those little card roses? I read how to make them in Creating Keepsakes magazine and knew immediately that I had to make them as they are so cute. There is another challenge on the SFAN forum to make a page using metal, paper scraps, ribbon and card scraps - a little project for me later on this weekend I think. I already have the page drawn in my head, now I only have to find the time to get it out of my head and into reality!

Unfortunately, after seeing how beautifully tidy a house can look I have been shamed into committing to spend the morning sorting out our scrap heap of a house so I had better get to it .

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. I have just spent a blissful 3 hours on my own before the rest of the family get up (they aren't even awake yet).

2. The day looks like it will be a nice one - better than all the rain we had yesterday.

3. The prospect of a tidy and clean house is surprisingly gratifying!



Photobucket

1 comments:

I love your embellishments! Simply gorgeous :)