Wow - What a fabulous Saturday!

16:18 Karen 1 Comments

Ok apologies for what is probably going to be quite a long blog post - I would suggest that if you are going to stay around you need to get yourself a drink and maybe a piece of cake (I have a cup of tea and several chocolate digestives) and a comfortable place to sit.


So, Saturday was our first crop. Wow we were amazed at the reaction - the ladies loved it, so much so that by Monday we were fully subscribed for April's crop with a sizable waiting list to boot! We have pledged that every penny made from the crop fees will be ploughed back into the crop and that class packs will be sold for the exact amount of money that we have paid for the items in them.


Karen and I wanted to make the crop our own, we wanted to make it unique and innovative, something that reflected how we wanted to crop and fortunately the other ladies that attended liked how we did it. The feedback has been so positive and if any of you lovely ladies attended on Saturday are reading this, I am sending a BIG thank you for coming and making the day so stress free and fun. It was fabulous that my best friend was there to share the day, she made the most beautiful lo ever but then she always does! It was so nice to see girls I had scrapped with previously but had not seen for some time and especially nice to meet new ladies who I feel will soon become friends. I loved that Roz and Pat were able to share my table and to be able to spend time with them socially was a bonus.



We had fabulous raffle prizes - acquired by Karen, lots of cakes and sweeties, two places for this class to give away (as I didn't win one of those I just had to get David to buy it for my Mother's Day present!) and the fabulous Jill and Mel from A Trip Down Memory Lane brought along their shop - and what a shop it was, so many bits of loveliness to tempt the money out of my purse!


We had decided to run our hybrid class on two levels - the basic class (which I designed) for less confident or first time scrappers, and we had a few,


and then a more advanced version, which we called the 'Kick It Up' version for experienced, confident scrappers which was designed by the fabulously talented Karen C.


Everyone, and I mean everyone, loved the idea with some ladies doing just the basic class, some ladies doing the full kick it up class and some ladies doing a bit of both. We feel that this is the way forward for scrap classes!


Kerry's Page

Naomi's Page

After the crop I had a 20 minute race to get to Gracia's dance show for 7.00 and we made it just in time. I took some sneaky photos of her dancing and sincerely hope that she continues to take the classes next year as it is clearly something she absolutely loves and shines at. Apologies in advance for the poor photo quality but we were up on the balcony and about 80 mtrs away from the stage!

Jazz


Pointe Ballet

Tap


Reasons to be cheerful:

1. We were right to follow our instincts, take what would have been a normal crop and 'kick it up' and our decision has paid off with dividends.

2. We have lots of lovely ladies wanting to join our new venture and will welcome them with open arms.

3. Working alongside Karen has been an absolute delight - she is such a talented person who is so giving of her time and help.

Be warned - I am going to get the evening meal and then I am going to blog again!

Photobucket

1 comments:

It was fun x I am so looking forward to next month already x