Did you miss me?

19:08 Karen 15 Comments





We have been for a whirlwind visit to Mum's in Shropshire. Driving down on Friday afternoon the journey took 5 hours and coming back today it only took 3!


Gracia really wanted to go and see grandma before she goes travelling and this was the only opportunity we had so we took it. We all had an absolutely fabulous time, it was good to spend quality time with mum and Gracia. Gracia is mum's only grandchild so was in for just a little spoiling, as you can imagine.

Whilst there I did a little lounge scrapping, not something I do very often as I prefer to scrap on a table and not on the floor but in order to maximise on the time with mum and get a bit of crafting done it was a good solution.


First on Friday evening I finished a page I had started at the last crop but had put away and forgotten.


On Saturday evening and this morning, before we left, I made a page using this sketch for this challenge.




I love the Once upon a Sketch blog but haven't had the time to have a go at the last two challenges.

So this is our last week before the big travel adventure begins - we will make the most of the time Gracie is at home. I have to get the class sorted for the crop on Saturday and finish the costumes that I am making for the school's performance of The Wizard of Oz. Not much to do then :)

Also I apologise for not commenting on blogs - I came back to 115 to read and I am leaving that little task until later!

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. Safe journeys both to and from mums - over 420 safe miles in total.

2. A lovely weekend with 3 generations of our family all acting like children!

3. Coming back home to David.




Photobucket

15 comments:

Alison said...

Love the LOs...especially the one of Gracia...glad you had a good time with your mum and Gracia and are safely home
Alison xx

Becca said...

Glad you had a lovely "mini" break, lovely LO's, that photo of Gracia is gorgeous x

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like the perfect visit....even a bit of scrapping done!

Amy said...

Well of course we miss you! Sounds like a great mini break, not sure how I would cope with couch cropping either!

Sian said...

It sounds like a lovely trip. I love that layout with the log photos - those kind of "progress" pages are a favourite of mine

sandi said...

Your lo's are very nice. The OUAS one is really neat with all those flowers!

Denise said...

Yep, I certainly did miss you and as always those layouts are stunners,as are the three ladies in the first one :-)Glad you managed to have a break and scrap at the same time x

Wow, your take on the sketch is just magnificent. Love everything about it. Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS!!

Ali said...

What a stunning LO, and I love the little birds on the other one too. Glad you had a good time in Shropshire - my home county.

Love your reasons to be cheerful!!

This is a GORGEOUS layout..so happy and bright and beautiful!

thanks so much for your kind words and for playing along!

Hey Karen ~ I'm so happy to hear that you and Gracia had a chance to spend time with your mom. And I LOVE the layout you made with that great photo of your girl. Awesome! xo

Eileen said...

Always m'dear.
Looking forward to seeing to later, fancy cake with your tea?

Natalie said...

gorgeous, gorgeous gorgeous.
xxx

Cheryl said...

my idea of a great week end love your lo's x

Irma said...

such a beautiful photo and details...
Thanks for playing with us at OUAS.