Enjoy The Ride - Free Shape of The Week

06:00 Karen 3 Comments

If I am being honest I haven't been very inspired by the Free Shape of the Week from Silhouette America recently.  Unfortunately we have to work with their choice and as their blog has been down since the beginning of June I don't think their hearts are in the choice of free design.

This week they were back on form and I really liked the one they have that will be free until Tuesday 9th August when it will be replaced by another design.

I decided to make a layout using it and on my Silhouette used the trace facility to create an outline of the shape.  I then used the bicycle to make a border.  I also used this shape, enlarged, to go either side of my title.

Next I wrote my text and used a silver Silhouette Sketch Pen to draw the border, journalling and larger bicycles.  I cut out the title and back filled it with a paper that complimented the design.

Finally I printed out my photo and the whole design (which I reduced to 3 x 4) and added them to the page.  


This may well be one of my favourite layouts this year!  So glad I decided to have a go with this weeks design.

Reason to be Cheerful:

That I was chosen for the Silhouette DT and that I get to work with such awesomely talented ladies. 

3 comments:

Janet Packer said...

It's a beautiful layout Karen. I'm still in awe of you ingenious scrapbookers!

debs14 said...

Such a clever way of using one design in several different ways.

Alison said...

I am totally in awe of how you put your Silhouette to such good use! Xx