Carta Bella Christmas Delivery

12:14 Karen 2 Comments


Hello blog friends, I hope you had the happiest of Christmases and the merriest of New Years. 

As part of my ATDML DT I was given some Carta Bella Christmas Delivery papers.  I had been keen to make a surprise exploding box with a twist.  I don't know if you recall but I have made several exploding boxes with surprises in, over the past couple of years.

One for a class I taught at the Scrapmates Crop - similar to this one I made for the ATDML DT in December 2014




I also taught a version of this as a Mother's Day gift at my crop the same year.





My idea was to combine the above projects with a couple of projects I had made for the Silhouette UK Design Team 



Some mini mason jars decorated with vinyl cut outs of village scenes with a battery operated tea light inside and a pop up Christmas card that has a battery tea light behind the gingerbread house to illuminate the windows.   

So I set about combining these projects into one design.  If you would like to download the templates they can be found on the ATDML # create Facebook page under the File tab - you may have to join the group to access them if you are not already a member. 

This was the end result which I am rather pleased with, even if I say so myself.  A deceptively simple parcel that when you untie the ribbon contains a lovely little illuminated house inside!











Apologies for the photo heavy post, next time I will be more selective!

2 comments:

debs14 said...

Absolutely beautiful Karen.

Jo said...

That looks amazing x